Tuesday, September 29, 2009

coming into focus


I am learning to embrace myself. To not be so self conscious, so full of doubt. I am learning to get out of my own way. To be gentle. I'm learning to reach for my dreams and quiet the constant wanting of my heart - which is probably not my heart at all...but my mind, my ego making promises in the future. You'll be happy when... like trying to set the time by dandelion fluff.

I am asking myself what's really important to me? over and over again, so that I don't forget. So that I don't get sucked into what's not important. Like getting all the laundry done - or television.

I'm learning to center myself around what is important to me. The joy of creating, acts of nurture, my little boy's laughter, loving those I love. I am still asking myself what is important and what do I want - but I'm also recognizing what is already here now. Those things that once started as that very question. I'm learning to recognize and honor the grace in my journey - learning to savor the adventure of it all.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, wow. I just came across your blog (thanks to Kris at NPC) and I cannot tell you how much you speak to me. So much of what you have said I feel could come right from me.

Wishing you peace and joy and a path that guides you where you need to go.

Ivy

Jo said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment Ivy. I'm so glad you relate. I've recently become aware of how much hearing others' stories similar to mine means to me. This life can feel lonely at times. Hearing others definitely gives me courage on my path.