Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the struggle

So I have to be honest, I've been thinking about deleting - or rather removing all of the old posts. It's been so long. I feel a little sheepish picking this back up again. Looking at all of the old posts. Trying to remember what I am doing this for anyway. All of those goblins step up to the microphone, "who do you think you are?" they ask. Then I remembered a quote by Rumi that's been haunting me since I read it:

Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious.

The quote, by the way, I found in Life, Paint and Passion which is an awesome book. I'm only upset I didn't hear about it sooner. It got me psyched about honoring my process with paints!
It's funny, I read that quote a few weeks before moving here. Where I don't know anyone except my aunt that lives one town over. I was feeling doubtful. Afraid. Then this flies off the page at me. Well alright, universe. I'll go for it already.

Sometimes I think life is about learning to get out of your own way.

No comments: