Wednesday, October 28, 2009

rose hips

Have I written yet about our fabulous new (to us) old house? Have I said here, that I'm sure the universe was listening to me and hubby's bedtime conversations as we dreamed about what our next house would be? The universe even gave me well established gardens(and badly in need of tending).

Here we are 5 months now in a new town. Settling in. And I have inherited from our new home the most fabulous of roses, everywhere. Roses as big as grapefruits in the Summer. Roses that are so red they glow. And roses that bloom right up to the first snow. And...they are still alive - 5 months in to my being their new caretaker. So, I've been collecting rose hips. And I've made some sort of rose hip concoction. I basically boiled the hips until they were soft and saved the liquid. Now what? I'll let you know how the experimenting goes.

No comments: