Monday, August 4, 2008

I hear ya sister

I was sitting here listening to crickets. Wondering what to write. Trying to figure out what was true in me right now. I couldn't come up with anything and then I checked out Mrs. Lucky's site and it all came to me. I found myself writing a longer than normal comment. So I went ahead and posted it here. Funny how we have the ability to inspire each other. To reach out with out intention and stir something in someone else.

Funny how your post hit me. I'm struggling with figuring out what's in me right now too. But I'm not visiting family so...sometimes I think I need to experience something and trust that the meaning of it will come later. That means, for me, trying to hold off on the self judgment and just give myself permission to be. Even if being in that moment means feeling crappy. So often I want to try and take the heartache or melancholy or whatever uncomfortable feeling I have and think my way to the end - right now. I forget that I'm in process. That I don't have to have the answer right now. That feeling bad now is okay, it is part of the wonder of it all. Wow, I just wrote a whole bunch. Really, what I wanted to tell you was hope. Hang in there. Hope and trust and hang in there and love yourself. You're awesome! And who would you be if family didn't drive you a little nuts?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are a doll! Thank you for your wise and kind words...