Friday, November 13, 2009

a passing thought ...



The house feels terribly disorganized

and I begin again to put off my happiness...
I should... I should... I should....
Maybe if....
It would be better if....
I'll be really happy when...
and on
and on.
How many times a day do I get stuck in this thinking?
All the while ignoring, ungrateful what the present moment continues to offer (despite my constant wandering dissatisfaction):
my little boy discovering the world that exist beneath tables and chairs, the winds blowing the last of the stubborn leaves from the trees, bringing cooler weather and the promise of snow. The promise of another perfect moment.

1 comment:

Anna said...

We moved more than a year ago. It takes a long time to adjust. The dissatisfaction, discomfort and sense of unease can feel all encompassing and suffocating. I hope you adjust and find your happiness again soon. It will come back.