Tuesday, November 24, 2009

random thoughts from the week

I've been busy writing posts in my head all week...unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) none of them have survived in memory long enough to transcribe them. So instead, here are snippets of thoughts from the week.

  • The winter sun draws out the darkness and exaggerates it. The shadows are longer , reaching and spreading to new places. The nights stretch out and create long dark quiet.

  • A finished sculpture:
She finally did the only thing there was left to do, she spoke the truth that was in her heart.


  • Feeling grateful: that I've never had to use my home insurance, for my family and our health, for dear friends, for a big soft cozy warm bed, and the loved ones who share it with me, the little boy who talks in his sleep and the snoring husband.

  • Moving through all of the mixed feelings as the little boy continues to completely ween from momma milk...sigh. Sad about it as I write this. Grateful at the prospect at 3am when he's nursing himself back into slumber.
  • Looking forward to road trip, visiting family and our old home town. So I'll be away for a week.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jamie said...

Yay! I love the sculpture!
Weening is such a bitter/sweet time.
Peace, Momma!