Thursday, May 22, 2008

great things

Well, the boy and I are back to health -finally! Now the mister is down with the crud. Yeesh. This cold is like a bad penny that keeps turning up everywhere. Nothing makes me more grateful for my overall health than being sick.

I am minutes away from an afternoon at the spa. A Mother's Day gift from my hubby. Aaahhh. Recuperation. I love nothing more than being pampered. A massage, a facial, a pedicure. My own little heaven on earth. And the timing is just right. Recovering from the snot inducing ick and right before a Memorial Day road trip out to the Great Plains.

More great things: I just, as I am typing this, received this in the mail. I ordered it Tuesday. I was hoping to get it before we left. And I did. I hope the little boy likes it! He hasn't cut his first tooth yet but has been relentlessly working on it for weeks.

The goodness is just pouring in! I have so much to be grateful for and to look forward to! How about a list?
  • did I mention that I'm getting a massage!?
  • a facial
  • and a pedicure (okay, not to rub it in but I am soooo excited! It's been a long time!)
  • eating meals with both of my hands while loved ones hold our dear little one
  • seeing new places
  • hanging out with loved ones
  • having people eager to watch the little one
  • me and hubby having time alone
  • maybe seeing a movie (the mister has been dying to see the new Indiana Jones movie)
  • sitting in the dark
  • holding hands
  • eating popcorn
  • new cool sheets (referring to style and temperature)
  • my little boy is rolling over now sniff, sniff
  • I finally got on the recycling bandwagon - we should get our bins next week (it's about time)

Have a great Memorial Day weekend Bloggies!

No comments: