Thursday, February 21, 2008

Drunk on Love and Other Gooey Stuff

Here’s what I’m loving lately:
My little boy’s face after he’s gotten good and drunk on breast milk
The recent change in weather – Spring is on its way!
My first comment ever left on my blog by this awesome lady http://www.girlsgonechild.blogspot.com/
Reconnecting with old friends
Not feeling like such a hermit anymore
Poems by Mary Oliver
My new hair cut

I’ve got to be honest bloggies, I’ve been down lately. From winter weather and struggling to finding a new sense of center now that I’m a mommy, hair loss and breaking my laptop, it has been easier to focus on what’s wrong in my life lately instead of all that I have to be grateful for. And I do have a lot to be grateful for. I’ve found myself clutching to the wonderful in my life while I wait out this serious case of off center, who the hell am I, blahs. My clutching and waiting seem to have paid off. Thank God! A new hair cut, some nice weather and a friendly hello from someone I've admired for some time and the wonderful is back to the foreground of my life.

My latest conundrum: Blogger etiquette and adoration. It’s strange in this blog world. I’ve read people’s blogs for years as a silent observer. Reading their thoughts, laughing at their jokes, enjoying a very one sided relationship – where I don’t have to reveal a thing. You see dear readers and bloggers alike, I can be shy and timid. And in the blog world, I’ve been selfish and quiet, reading and enjoying others’ blogs but never interacting. Now that I’ve decided to blog myself, I see the error of my ways, I know now that blogging can be a lonely soap box, a one person forum. It can also be a community. In order to be a community however, people have to share. Consider yourself warned blog world; this gal is stepping out of her comfortable little box. You can expect a comment from me soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My heart smiled its biggest smile after reading your description of your little boy drunk on breast milk. I took the funniest picture of my son right after he nursed one day because I wanted to forever remember that drunken face.