Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Journey

The poem, The Journey by Mary Oliver has been resonating with me since I first stumbled upon the words in a book store a week ago. Now that different things in my life have come into focus, the last few words have become a mantra. Something to hold on to – save yourself, don’t lose yourself, take care of you. It’s funny, and crazy and scary sometimes how quickly life can change. It’s a terribly beautiful journey, this life.

I wait and hope I come out of it all a beautifully polished rock. My jagged edges refined by the topsy-turvy of it all. I find my inner strength but wonder about my ability to forgive. I am resilient but wonder about my relationship? I am already grateful for the struggle of it all. I accept the gifts that come with strife but even with that surrender, the pain is still there. All the hurt that's left in questions that only have their answer in the journey itself....

No comments: