Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a beautiful day

A fitful night of sleep. My little one, under the weather snuggled between the two of us - kicked and punched with tiny little fists all night long. We slept heavy in the morning and late. Then lunch at a posh restaurant with my wonderful aunt. New Mexican food - yum. Colorful walls and even more colorful artwork. Hours in the used bookstore that afternoon. My aunt looking for "just the perfect book". I found The Sound of Paper and instantly curled up in a chair to read with the boy who nodded off for a nap. We left with books in tow and parted with my aunt. My boy and I curled up to read our new finds. Then I simply vegged out in front of the tube until the mister returned.

The days still feel long and aimless. I still struggle with feeling like I don't do enough. Laundry piles up. I promise I'll clean this or finish that, then the boy cries inconsolably. We are finding our way slowly through the long hours of daylight, finding a balance between doing and being. I tell myself all day long "it's okay, it's enough, this too shall pass, one day you'll look back and miss these long hours of sitting". It makes it so much easier when I'm able to get out of the house. It's even more wonderful when I get to share my days with my boy and the company of loved ones.

An extra hour of sunlight and I remind myself that everything is happening exactly as it should be.

No comments: