Saturday, March 8, 2008

Whisper to a Scream

Hey All! Guess who's feeling better? Okay, I'm not quite 100% but any increase in vitality at this point feels like a huge step forward. I can't breath through my nose but thank goodness, I can talk! (shrugs and sighs all around from those who know me - yeesh)

So since being under the weather, I have also been struggling with sleep. I'm not sure if it is the lack of sleep or lack of clear thinking due to congestion but something strange happens to me under these conditions: crazy thoughts at three in the morning and horrific songs stuck in my head - songs I swear I haven't heard in years! What's the deal here?

Last night at 3 am I was thinking about Doogie Howser - remember him? I was thinking about blogging and how dear Doogie seemed so clear and endearing in his thoughts on that cute little computer. How can I be more like Doogie Howser? Medical prodigy and have something sensible to say at the end of the day...something that summarizes everything so well and shows the world I've learned something and grown as a person today. Maybe someone can come up with a guide or something. Hey I know, a list!

Things I learned from Doogie Howser:
1. how to suture a wound and look cute

Okay, that's all I have, maybe any of you who remember Doogie can help me out...or better yet: If today your life was a scene from a sitcom or show, what would it be? Today, for me, I'm thinking I'd fit right in on the scene of Dumb and Dumber.

Mock ... ye-ah!
Ing ... ye-ah!
Bird ... ye-ah!
Mock-ing - Bird
Yeah!

or...
Out with the bad, in with the good! Out with the bad, in with the good!

Wow! All that I can't even blame cough syrup or anything!

I never had a crush on him as a youngster- maybe it's a sign that I'm getting older but is this guy just a cutie or what? Seriously, how could you not want him as your doctor?

He's even got his own blog: http://doogiehowsermd.blogspot.com/
Who knew?
Much love to ya Bloggies!

No comments: