Thursday, March 6, 2008

Poetry and Sickness

Things that don't suck about being sick:

  • getting to stay in my pajamas all day long - guilt free!
  • naps
  • baths
  • soup
  • crappy daytime television
  • unsolicited sympathy from loved ones
  • a new found respect for my body and gratefulness for health

My little one is suffering with the same bug I am - it just seemed to hit him a bit later. Poor little one...I love him so much. Parenting and the art of surrendering to what I can't control.

Other random things, a poem about breastfeeding by yours truly.

Long breast pave the way of my love.

stretched and used up,

ample and supple

Once organized and perky,

now function and comfort.

It leaks and spills out,

proof of my love

soppy and weepy - at the most inconvenient times

Such a transformation - a greater version of myself

Hosting, sharing and supplying for another

I've learned to come home to myself.

~Ciao friends! More crappy t.v. for me!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

"a greater version of myself"

Amen.