Sunday, March 16, 2008

tapped out

So I bombed out of the NaBloPoMo for March but not all is lost. Actually, despite not following through on my commitment I've gotten a lot from attempting to blog every day. I've been really thinking about the purpose of blogging. Why do you blog?
I started this blog for a few reasons:
-to gain a sense of online community
-to help encourage me to write thoughtfully (opposed to my journal which is sometimes like attacking the page with whatever thoughts are in my head)
-a place to log daily thoughts and creative endeavors (haven't done much with the creative part yet)
-a place to consider and honor the ordinary and mundane personally and as a new mom

I'm not sure how I'm doing in these areas but I do know that blogging has really pushed me to think about my writer's voice and how I present things. Along the lines of presentation, I've also taken a look at perspective both in life and in writing. Perspective is so important - it really creates and informs how someone approaches a situation. I think I usually struggle with what perspective to take particularly in my writing.

In other news - great news! My blessed and beautiful laptop is back and in working order. I didn't lose any of the writing I had done and failed to back up. Whew! I am so grateful it's here and I still have my files!

So blogworld, I'm gonna pick up where I left off and finish out March. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

No comments: